- Kingston upon Hull HU6 7TQ
- Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £18,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year
Anota Ltd is an industry-leading document management, integration, and workflow technology provider, delivering innovative paperless solutions to a range of blue-chip and SME companies globally. We are a vibrant team working out of the University site in Hull and have built a reputation for being the company that CAN when others say it can’t be done. We are very proud of how far we have come and are even more excited about where we are going!
We are now looking for a Junior Developer to join our team and help in all areas of development and support for our existing software suite, as well as working on new products, based around our key offering of DocuWare. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed person with a range of skills to hit the ground running, quickly understand our products and in time, develop new software we can take to a very specialised market. We want someone who is not afraid to suggest new ideas, to question methods, someone who can hold their own in a technical discussion and is able to constructively challenge others.
We are also looking to migrate some of our existing software set to a web-based interface and we would hope that you would play a key role in that, so any experience in web/app development would be most beneficial. We don’t want our products to look like Web 2.0 and Warp OS got drunk and vomited so, any UX/UI design skills are a bonus.
Based in our Hull office you will work as part of a creative team developing your skills and bringing them to bear on client requirements. You may occasionally be asked to work late or over weekends/holidays to provide cover or support to the team as a whole.
To succeed in this role you will need to have:
- Good working knowledge of C# and ASP.NET.
- Experience of SQL and databases in general (We work mainly on MSSQL Server).
- Experience in designing, building, testing, and documenting software.
- The ability to prioritise, plan, and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English with good verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A can-do, team-playing attitude.
It would be very useful if you already have:
- Experience working with REST APIs (consuming and/or creating)
- Used or worked with any layout libraries such as Bootstrap.
- Experience of the MVC method
- Used source control software such as Github/Bitbucket.
- Installation, management and/or administration experience with MSSQL Server
- Some UI design flair
It would be amazing if you:
- Had knowledge of/experience with Data Security/Data Encryption e.g. SHA26
- Had an understanding of Network security
- Had some knowledge of document management (any platform)
- Had some experience developing for Android/iOS
- No bean bags
- Plenty of coffee
- A great working environment
- Possibility of working from home a few days week after probationary period
- A 2pm finish one day a week after the probationary period
- 6-monthly reviews
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Initial interview either in person or by MS Teams, second interview in-person in our Hull office.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***
Reference ID: AN/HULL/JDEV/072020
Application deadline: 22/07/2020