Contact Anota today for a free consultation and your document management roadmap.
How Office Automation Encourages Collaboration
Office automation improves access to information and that encourages creative problem-solving. All authorised staff has visibility into business processes that affect their jobs.
Before we even dreamed about how technology would enable collaboration in new and exciting ways, Charles Darwin said, "It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed." Office automation improves access to information and that encourages creative problem-solving. All authorised staff has visibility into business processes that affect their jobs. Employees can look up information themselves rather than contacting someone in another department and interrupting them. This familiarises them with team roles and responsibilities. With the addition of automated workflow, everyone involved has visibility into each step of a process and knows where it stands.
In a recent report Changing Behaviours: From Working in Silos to Working Collaboratively, Gartner Analyst Christie Struckman notes that “Working collaboratively requires a commitment by individuals and groups to do work in different ways, to make decisions differently, and to give up specialised and single-purpose resources.” She makes the point that creating an atmosphere where collaboration flourishes require a change in mindset as well of the use of technology. It’s about asking people to look beyond the duties outlined in their official job descriptions to consider how they can add value to the organisation as a whole.
When your organisation implements document management and office automation, all documents are stored digitally, and teams can make decisions based on the same document. They can annotate or edit it using versioning to keep track of changes and who made them. This eliminates the possibility of having multiple document versions related to one task, reducing errors and streamlining collaboration. Office automation also encourages greater accountability and facilitates an understanding of a process from start to finish. This engenders greater accountability and facilitates an understanding of a process from start to finish.
Five ways document management technology enables teams to work together effectively
- A document management solution used in one aspect of an organisation can be adopted company-wide. When everyone uses the same digital tools, it promotes cross-functional training and teamwork.
- Mobile access to workflow processes eliminates communication barriers that arise when teams and departments are decentralised and geographically distributed.
- Advanced security protects data and intellectual capital while freeing up the flow of information for authorised users.
- Document management solutions better define individual and collective roles by allowing members of work groups to step back and view their teams and organisations from a broader perspective.
- Intuitive document management and office automation tools free knowledge workers from routine tasks and create more time for meaningful work.